Trying to make a race not have to use skiff

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
Khayman

Trying to make a race not have to use skiff

Post by Khayman »

was looking at the textblock 2750 for the silver river, is there a way to add more than one race check into it or a way to make a race be able to travel the river without needing a "boat". tried adding all races into the textblock but the one I want to go down the river with the race [number] tag into the textblock and it works with one race but when you add a second it stops working and will no longer cast the spell to bash on rocks. any help would be appreciated

Bloodrock

Re: Trying to make a race not have to use skiff

Post by Bloodrock »

could try putting a failitem in for a item you create for that specific race to use

Ravyn

Post by Ravyn »

You can do it but you have to do it backwards and turn it into a long textblock. By backwards I mean you have to code it for every race you do NOT want to be immune to say race x:failitem x:failitem x:failitem x:cast x. you repeat that for every race you do NOT want to be immune, then by default the race(s) you want to be immune, will not execute anything and therefore not get bashed against the rocks.

Khayman

Post by Khayman »

I thought about doing that, but wouldnt every other one that I do still bash the other race's against the rocks? so it would check 10 times and fail once but the other 9 times would bash them against the rocks, just a thought not sure if it works that way or not will try it out and find out I guess.

Ravyn

Post by Ravyn »

No. it will work fine. I think you are trying to do race x:race x:race x:race x:failitem x:failitem x:failitem x:cast x

You have to make the entire string for every race individually, like this:

race 1:failitem x:failitem x:failitem x:cast x<BR>race 2:failitem x:failitem x:failitem x:cast x<BR>race 3:repeat repeat

and any race you do NOT include will be immune

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

but the failitem in textblock is a raft or skiff or canoe so if char does not have the item then the spell bashing against rock is issued, so i say if an item is made for the specific race he just puts a failitem for the new item to that textblock, other races would need a floating device. or am i reading the textblock incorrectly???? that was why i said just create a item specificly for the race he had mentioned, see no reason to add a race check in textblock. now he could just add a checkrace for the specific race as well, but i see no reason to add all races. also there i think is a mod calle water walkers on mudinfo that also could solve what he wants.

Ravyn

Post by Ravyn »

That will work too, but no it wont matter if they dont have any of the failitems because they arent that race and therefore will never get that far in the textblock.

Khayman

Post by Khayman »

Ravyn wrote:No. it will work fine. I think you are trying to do race x:race x:race x:race x:failitem x:failitem x:failitem x:cast x

You have to make the entire string for every race individually, like this:

race 1:failitem x:failitem x:failitem x:cast x<BR>race 2:failitem x:failitem x:failitem x:cast x<BR>race 3:repeat repeat

and any race you do NOT include will be immune
That is exactly what I was doing, dont know why I didnt think of doing it line by line with a break, like everything else I have done. thanks