Ganghouse cleanup routines, possibility to expand for more than 10?

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
cuckoorules

Ganghouse cleanup routines, possibility to expand for more than 10?

Post by cuckoorules »

I have already created a framework which effectively redid the ganghouses. I removed the entrances/guards, changed the emblems into items with a nomonster delay teleport. All keys were removed and so really there is just a deed and a brooch that teleports you inside the house. The game seems to be hardcoded to only process ganghouses 1-10, but did appear to respect the flags for removing the brooches from non-gang members etc, but ONLY for the "stock" numbers (1-10). I presently have designed 17 ganghouses and they are all mostly functional except that none of the checks that occur at cleanup for removing items from gangs you're not in or re-stocking deeds do not work for anything beyond #10. Does anyone know ANYTHING about what actually runs at cleanup? I tried poking around in the DLL's briefly as well as the wccmmutl executable and there's lots of plain-text references to gang stuff and you can clearly see the lines that append into the log when cleanup runs regarding the standard 10 houses that do process, but I couldn't find any obvious instances of the value "10" anywhere related to the ganghouse code. Has anyone explored this or does anyone know where to even look? I would think that somewhere in the code there's a 10 that could be changed to a 99 or something to support additional ganghouses using the special cleanup functionality that really can't be reproduced elsewhere in the game.

Any guidance or knowledge surrounding cleanup routines or ganghouses is fully welcome.

Thanks!

cuckoorules

Re: Ganghouse cleanup routines, possibility to expand for more than 10?

Post by cuckoorules »

I'm pretty sure this would involve decoding the entire DLL. Not sure I will pursue this at all, and if I do it's probably not going to be nearly as simple as I had envisioned. Perhaps I'll get bored one day.