Missing ANSI in WorldGroup/MajorMUD

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
Kithias

Missing ANSI in WorldGroup/MajorMUD

Post by Kithias »

Greetings all. I just went through the install of Worldgroup and MajorMUD using this: http://www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?t=2070

I also setup MegaMUD using this: http://www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... amud#p4881

Both were great and informative and very helpful posts, but I seem stuck on getting MegaMUD to do basic functions. When I launch either via PuTTY or Mega via Telnet to my BBS, once I get logged into the game, ALL text is green, or if I use the Mega menu function "Reset ANSI", then ALL text becomes grey. No color.

I believe the lack of color or ANSI, if I'm using the term correctly, is causing Mega to not know what room it is in. It wont GOTO, or LOOP, or auto-fight, loot, etc. It pretty much just runs and appears to be continually hitting Enter every few seconds. So not so useful.

If I back out of Mega and check my user profile on the WG BBS, it shows ANSI = Off. I've tried the global "=a", but apparently its disabled or not an option to use.

So, VERY long setup (sorry about that) to my question: how do I get ANSI on for my user account, and all accounts? I checked the General Setup on WG BBS, it looks OK there. Is there a setting I nicked? Did I remove something from the menu using the first guide I linked above that allows ANSI to be toggled?

Thanks for any and all help!

MiOw

Re: Missing ANSI in WorldGroup/MajorMUD

Post by MiOw »

Two (and a half) thoughts...

First, you can go set your language/protocol preferences under Account Display/Edit (usually "A" from the BBS main menu) and set it to English/ANSI.

Second, in the General Setup for WorldGroup under Core General Setup there is a field titled ANSIOP... set that to "ON".

The half... install FU Globals. ;)

ClassicMUD... lightly seasoned with no dupes!
www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2357
Kithias

Re: Missing ANSI in WorldGroup/MajorMUD

Post by Kithias »

/bow
/hug
/cheer

Thank you so much for getting this working for me MiOw!!! You saved my sanity, and I thank you greatly.

I'm not entirely sure what fixed it for me, I'm to exhausted to post more, but I'll post tomorrow what I did to get it working in case anyone else has this issue.

You rock!