Non SGA connections and general hack nonsense

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
Larsen1906

Re: Non SGA connections and general hack nonsense

Post by Larsen1906 »

syntax wrote:If you want me to write a script for you I need actual files. A sample audit trail file and sample (working) IP blocking file. When scraping text in files everything matters. Line feeds, character spacing, etc. I can't go by a few redacted lines pasted to a forum. PM me if you're paranoid about publicizing people's IPs.
Any luck?

telnet tdrbbs.ddns.net
syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Larsen1906 wrote:
syntax wrote:If you want me to write a script for you I need actual files. A sample audit trail file and sample (working) IP blocking file. When scraping text in files everything matters. Line feeds, character spacing, etc. I can't go by a few redacted lines pasted to a forum. PM me if you're paranoid about publicizing people's IPs.
Any luck?
Haven't gotten a chance to fiddle with it just yet. I'll try to get it on my radar.

Larsen1906

Post by Larsen1906 »

Here you go syn
Attachments
Block.zip
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 467 times

telnet tdrbbs.ddns.net
syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Here you go. You can either place the files in your wgserv folder or, if your wgserv is c:\wgserv, you can place them anywhere. Alternatively, you can place them anywhere and modify the following lines:

sAudit = "PATH TO wgsaudit.adt"
sBlock = "PATH TO blocklist.txt"

non-sga-check.vbs is the script, non-sga-check.bat just launches non-sga-check.vbs for those that may not know how to. You can setup a scheduled task to run it periodically, on cleanup, or whatever. The script will scan blocklist.txt for the current IPs that are blocked and store them in a string. Then it will scan the wgsaudit.adt file and look for any "NON-SGA CLIENT" lines with corresponding IP adresses. If the IP address it finds is not already in blocklist.txt it will add it. A "non-sga-check.vbs.log" will be created noting any adds to the blocklist and any errors encountered.
Attachments
non-sga-check.zip
(1.59 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

Necrosaro420

Post by Necrosaro420 »

I am getting a ton of those Non SGA connections from various IP's on my private board. Was looking to change the telnet port, found the patch in another thread, but still can't locate it in general settings.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

As I was reading my post again it occurred to me that an IP could get added to the block list multiple times if it was found in the audit log multiple times on the same run. I added a line to prevent that from happening (script re-uploaded in original post).