Has anyone tried increasing the party limit in the dll?

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
syntax
Site Admin

Has anyone tried increasing the party limit in the dll?

Post by syntax »

As the title says, has anyone tried increasing the party limit in the dll? e.g. Increase it from 6 to 8, or 10?

syntax
Site Admin

Re: Has anyone tried increasing the party limit in the dll?

Post by syntax »

Joe wrote:probably won't work or by now someone would have done it as this is a major limitation and something we were really looking forward to in the remakes
Wes wrote:metro was always adamant that they'd never increase the party size. My assumption is that it was more complicated of a task than they were letting on.
Will wrote:If I'm reading the disassembly right, it looks like parties might be stored in the player database as a fixed-size array. Without looking at what comes before/after the space allocated for storing party members, I'm gonna guess it wouldn't be simple to do this.

flashenator

Post by flashenator »

Was this ever pushed any further or was the party size investigation put to bed?

Necrosaro420

Post by Necrosaro420 »

I remember someone had got it increased but it had caused some other issue and they were trying to figure it out, but I had forgot all about it until earlier today.

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

The closest I ever came to this was not in editing (don't know how). But years ago I was playing on a small board. They allowed unlimited accounts and I was basically the only player so WTH, why not. I would make a party max it out. Then in the 2nd party one of the people I would invite was the leader of the first group. The original party still followed that leader. Just couldn't see everyone in the group for health. Surely someone else tried this?

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Yeah this was common for mod 9 things. Biggest issue is rooming on a pvp board.