Setting up a new board

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
Toake

Re: Setting up a new board

Post by Toake »

I am getting the error in NMR when I try to create the update file. Yes, I am editing the files in the WGSERV directory

lucid2310

Post by lucid2310 »

are you running NMR as admin, it will throw an exception at least on my PC (win 7) if it's doesnt have full permissions.

Toake

Post by Toake »

I uninstalled everything (WG and nmr), removed all entries from registry, reboot, reinstall following every step in the guide again, making sure to open NMR as admin, and I still get that error. The only thing I can think of, is that I did not install any hotfixes for sql, i cannot find that file anywhere. if can send it it'd be nice? However, the files convert with 100% success and I can edit anything in NMR just fine, just cannot compile an update, not sure if the hotfixes would resolve that issue but it's worth a shot...just cant seem to find that file anywhere...

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Toake wrote:I uninstalled everything (WG and nmr), removed all entries from registry, reboot, reinstall following every step in the guide again, making sure to open NMR as admin, and I still get that error. The only thing I can think of, is that I did not install any hotfixes for sql, i cannot find that file anywhere. if can send it it'd be nice? However, the files convert with 100% success and I can edit anything in NMR just fine, just cannot compile an update, not sure if the hotfixes would resolve that issue but it's worth a shot...just cant seem to find that file anywhere...
what version?

Toake

Post by Toake »

Not too sure on the whole pervasive thing. i downloaded the same 9.5 that is mentioned in the post, when i look to see the codes installed for it, it shows demo for pervasive.sql 9 server and registered (paid for) key for pervasive.sql 9 workgroup. I dont have the $85,666 minimum payment required to buy that and I'm pretty sure its not needed, considering how many boards are up and edited. I am referring to the hotfix mentioned in the first post, when I say I didnt install the hotfix, and need that file.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Toake wrote:Not too sure on the whole pervasive thing. i downloaded the same 9.5 that is mentioned in the post, when i look to see the codes installed for it, it shows demo for pervasive.sql 9 server and registered (paid for) key for pervasive.sql 9 workgroup. I dont have the $85,666 minimum payment required to buy that and I'm pretty sure its not needed, considering how many boards are up and edited. I am referring to the hotfix mentioned in the first post, when I say I didnt install the hotfix, and need that file.
You can download it for free from their website. Just need to create a (free) account: http://www.pervasive.com/database/Home/ ... SQLv9.aspx (the windows file under "PSQL v9 Updates")

But here it is:
PSQLHotFixSetup952.7z
(4 MiB) Downloaded 631 times

Toake

Post by Toake »

It worked! Apparently that is a necessary step. Thank you kindly good sir

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Toake wrote:It worked! Apparently that is a necessary step. Thank you kindly good sir
No problem, how is your math?
http://www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=10

Pay it forward ;)

Djkao

Post by Djkao »

Quick question do I actually need PSQL ,FuGlobals and Dailsoft? I have been running my server without these for about 6 months now and have been having no problems at all. I have a fully edited realm (new classes, races, items, and NPC's). Also if it matters, I'm running it at the moment on a laptop that is only like 2 years old that I have XP installed on.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Djkao wrote:Quick question do I actually need PSQL ,FuGlobals and Dailsoft? I have been running my server without these for about 6 months now and have been having no problems at all. I have a fully edited realm (new classes, races, items, and NPC's). Also if it matters, I'm running it at the moment on a laptop that is only like 2 years old that I have XP installed on.
Nope. PSQL is just a newer btrieve engine, could provide more stability but also allows use of external utilities to access your data (e.g. for displaying on a webpage). FuGlobals is great for a variety of things such as online user listing, paging, repeat commands, etc. And dialsoft control is really only used as a way to prevent more than X number of connections to your box by IP address.