Option #1 (Partial Reset)
If you wish to reset all of the users on your board while maintaining the current map environment, you must follow these steps.
- shutdown board
- backup entire board (always ... just in case)
- delete wccuser2.dat, wccgang2.dat, wccbank2.dat, and wccitow2.dat
- replace all of those files with their respected .vir files.
so copy wccuser2.vir to wccuser2.dat, wccgang2.vir to wccgang2.dat, etc. Note: if you don't have any .vir files, or need to get fresh ones; Go to your majormud install directory (the one with the setup.exe) and run: "icomp -d wccmmud.z FILENAME" (ex. "icomp -d wccmmud.z wccuser2.vir").
- remove all items from all rooms (wccmmutl.exe)
- run an offline recovery (wccmmutl.exe)
- start up board with lines closed (disable telnet server or change # lines to 0 and log in via console, or disable port forwarding, unplug cable, etc)
- execute the C option from the majormud sysop menu
- execute the CP option from the majormud sysop menu
- Choose R to re-index the limited items from the sysop menu
Option #2 (Full Reset)
If you wish to completely reset and start from scratch, follow these steps:
- Before you shutdown your BBS for the last time prior to the reset,
choose C for Clear all saved evil points on the MajorMUD sysop menu.
- Immediately following 'C', choose 'CP' to clear all the saved profile
- Shutdown the BBS
- Refer to appendix A.1 in this document and follow those instructions
now if applicable to you (i.e. if you own MajorMUD Plus).
- Keep a backup copy of your WCCADDON.SYS file if you own any MajorMUD
- If you created a wccmmud.ini file, take a backup of this file now
- Write down any custom settings you may have done in your CNF options
- Delete all the WCC files from your bbs directory (DEL WCC*.*)
NOTE: If you are running any other WCC Products (currently only WCC Line Control is available) please contact Metropolis for information on which files to NOT delete.
NOTE: If you received a new WCCDMA.SYS file (for running on a DMA server) after the latest version was released, make sure you save this file to restore it after reinstalling.
- Re-install the latest version of MajorMUD using the appropriate methods and apply any newer patches
- Modify your CNF options as appropriate (refer to what you wrote down in step 7)
- If you took a backup of your wccaddon.sys file, copy it into your BBS directory now.
- If you took a backup of your wccmmud.ini file, copy it into your BBS directory now.
- Run the BBS and IMMEDIATELY choose C for Clear all saved evil points on the sysop menu. NOTE: This must be done prior to anyone creating new characters.
- Immediately following 'C', choose 'CP' to clear all the saved profile information. NOTE: This must also be done prior to anyone creating new characters.