Heal bot and ganghouse error.

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
Bodhi

Heal bot and ganghouse error.

Post by Bodhi »

Two questions for you MUD guru's.

First off can anyone post instruction on how to set up mega for a heal bot, retain, add life, etc? Ive never done it before but my users are requesting it.

Second, I'm getting a btrieve error from the server saying its trying to reference a gang house file and it causes the BBS to crash. I know it can be fixed by editing something with nightmare because I had the same problem before but I cant for the life of me remember the fix. If anyone knows how to do that I would appreciate the help. Ill post the actual error text if that isn't enough information the next time I get a crash.

Thanks in advance.

ODSBBS

Re: Heal bot and ganghouse error.

Post by ODSBBS »

Bodhi wrote:
Second, I'm getting a btrieve error from the server saying its trying to reference a gang house file and it causes the BBS to crash. I know it can be fixed by editing something with nightmare because I had the same problem before but I cant for the life of me remember the fix. If anyone knows how to do that I would appreciate the help. Ill post the actual error text if that isn't enough information the next time I get a crash.

Thanks in advance.
You can view the text file "GALEXCEP.OUT" which should list the information related to crashes... module, user, loaded programs etc etc during the event... that way you won't have to wait for it to happen again before you might get an answer quite possibly... I've never heard of this one though... did you edit/add new ganghouses?

you're not talking about the ganghouse room descriptions in individual files are you?

MegaMUD BBS (ODS BBS)
Operation DataStorm BBS
http://bbs.MegaMUD.com
http://ods.ods.net
~ Since 1987 ~
Bodhi

Post by Bodhi »

That file isn't in my directory. I decided to just wait and get the exact error message than spend a lot of everyone's times trying to figure it out. It did it again today. The error code is:

C:/wgserve/wgserver.exe - TFSCAN: Cannot find "WCC86215.HSE file.

I had this problem a few resets ago and the solution involved using nightmare to edit something to not look for these files. I just cant remember what exactly it was that I had to edit.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

all ya gotta do create wcc86215.hse is only a text file put something like this is a gang house file in it

as for your bot i attached a screen shot hope it helps
Attachments
bot.gif
bot.gif (183.53 KiB) Viewed 13904 times

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

put Entrance Gold House Room in wcc86215.hse

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi »

No, that didn't work. Usually if there is a description file error it just sends me an email. Now its crashing the server. I had this same problem some years ago and I had to edit something in nightmare but I cant remember what it was.

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi »

Ok I figured it out. You have to go to the room editor in nightmare and look for the entrance rooms for each gang house and delete the instructions on those rooms to look for the description files. At least I think I figured it out. We'll see. Thanks for your help guys.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

there is a pinned ganghouse zip you can download then ya don't gotta delete the room descript stuff or check your comp i may have sent ya a ganghouse.zip

B7D

Post by B7D »

I am having the same ganghouse description error, can someone direct me to the download to fix it? Also, where does the downloaded files go? Directly into my WGSERV folder?

thanks

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

If you do a google search for mud ganghouse desc, you will get the zip of a bunch of txt files. Drop those into the same folder your mud resides in(ie c:\wgserv).