Resources to edit 1.11i files(?)

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
MiOw

Resources to edit 1.11i files(?)

Post by MiOw »

Whether by utility or otherwise, is there any direction available to edit 1.11i dats? Most specifically looking for the option to plug the bard cloak bug, Orfeo shop loophole, and surprise rounds. Learning as I go but appreciate any support available. Thanks!

ClassicMUD... lightly seasoned with no dupes!
www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2357
BearFather

Re: Resources to edit 1.11i files(?)

Post by BearFather »

For the bard bug doesn't really matter what version you run, it's just missing a casting message to be defined, it points to a null message.
Orfeo shop issue, doesn't matter the version again you just raise his 100% to like 150%, it's just set too low for the charm that can be achieved.
Surprise round, well that is actually a dll issue. Good luck! Grab a wiki and cross your fingers it's the same location as it says.

MiOw

Post by MiOw »

BearFather wrote:For the bard bug doesn't really matter what version you run, it's just missing a casting message to be defined, it points to a null message.
Orfeo shop issue, doesn't matter the version again you just raise his 100% to like 150%, it's just set too low for the charm that can be achieved.
Surprise round, well that is actually a dll issue. Good luck! Grab a wiki and cross your fingers it's the same location as it says.
The surprise round thing for sure I know that one is "deeper", but NMR does not read pre 1.11n dats (for good reason I suppose, can't expect Matt to do everything for us!) so is it otherwise a pretty simple thing to edit?

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

If you convert to the btreive dats system you can get tools to open and edit the dats for items,spells,mobs, etc. Not sure if it will still work following those steps.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Like I said on FB, 1.8 does support version 1.11i

MiOw

Post by MiOw »

BearFather wrote:Like I said on FB, 1.8 does support version 1.11i
Aye, there are two versions of the app that are installed with the current release, one of which supports legacy versions. See the Readme included with the install.

Thank you, all!