Stats unnaturally altered problem

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
ViolentNightmaer

Stats unnaturally altered problem

Post by ViolentNightmaer »

I tried creating a new class/race. The class is working fine so far, but the only way I can use cp's is if I retrain the character? Anybody know how to fix this, not sure what I would have to edit.

BearFather

Re: Stats unnaturally altered problem

Post by BearFather »

Did you follow the walk thru posted on here? Did you patch the dll? Also what are the values your trying to set? If you don't have the dll patch for stats, you cant raise about 250 or some shit. Safe amount would be 200, cause of spell buffs and the like.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

check around might find a patched wccmmud.dat file floating around if on facebook check there as well or you can hex edit things yourself

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

oops posted wccmmud.dat but its wccmmud.dll that you need patched or hex edited

ViolentNightmaer

I used hex workshop to edit the dll file, min- set to 10, left the same, max-they were set at 250, lowered them to 200- but still having the same problem
A fresh character at level one cant train stats from base stats because it says they are altered.
Also changed the amount of races from 13 to 14, not sure if I was supposed to do that or not.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Did you use the ability to add stats are you? That will cause this.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

why did you lower max stats from 250 to 200???? and what changes did you make in nightmare for race stats??? if for example you set strength with nightmare to 300 your max stats in dll has to be at 300

ViolentNightmaer

None of the stats are above 170, most below 140.
any of the normal races can train its just the one I added - all stats 130 and below, starting at base stats same as the Half-Orc, I added about 15-30 onto all stats for normal 13 the races.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I don't have any stats over 150 on my board, but my test I have at 200, but never tried to train. If you edit the stock classes up high does it have the issue? Have you tried to just copy a plain stock class and just try to strain it without editing it? Also there is a patch to allow more then the normal amount of races and classes. Have you dont that one yet?