Guides for newbie

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
Belayda

Guides for newbie

Post by Belayda »

Hi all,

I am looking for guides for setting up world group bbs, mud and nightmare redux. I have search through the forums and tried the search option, but I am not having very good luck locating any useful information.

Thank you

Bloodrock

Re: Guides for newbie

Post by Bloodrock »

depending on which version of windows you have it easy problem will be setting up mud on win 7 if xp will be no prob if win 7 but you have a xp cd can setup a xp vm setting all the wg and mud up on it then setup wg on win 7 copy the wg and mud from the vm to win 7. bbs should be on comp that has the dsl/cable modem or whatever ya use to connect to inet you will also need to go into router or modem and setup dmz so it will open ports to telnet now i have at&t and am able to go in and use either the full dmz or just set the modem to point to the comp with wg on it which is comp that has modem i have 5 comps if you only have 1 you can just set modem to open port 23 or telnet to that comp hope this all makes sense configuration of wg is pretty simple
when ya install wg it will ask if bbs will be public or closed select public either set ip addy to auto or it will have it set already hope this helps