Database Recovery In Cleanup

General MajorMUD Discussion
RandalThor

Database Recovery In Cleanup

Post by RandalThor »

Ok I think I know the answer to this, but here it goes:

In Offline Utilities>WCCMMUTL there is a option for Database Recovery. Is it possible to have this run using the cleanup bat file? Seems there used to be a way of doing this, but I can't remember how.

Thanks!

BearFather

Re: Database Recovery In Cleanup

Post by BearFather »

create the file WCCRECOV.FLG and mud will do a recovery when the bbs starts up. If mud on start up sees that file in wgserv it will run an offline recovery.

RandalThor

Post by RandalThor »

BearFather wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:15 am create the file WCCRECOV.FLG and mud will do a recovery when the bbs starts up. If mud on start up sees that file in wgserv it will run an offline recovery.
Does the file get deleted after it starts up? Meaning do I put a line in the cleanup file to create this file every cleanup?

Is there a similar command for item and gold cleanup not in ganghouses?

Thanks.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

That file is created every time mud starts up, and is removed when the board is shutdown properly. So if you wanted to run offline recovery every the board does cleanup, yes you will have to touch the file everyday. Not recommended but yes.

Not sure about the coin ones, but there is a setting to delete all coins of a lower value at cleanup.