Stores Not Regenerating Items

General MajorMUD Discussion
Corvette

Stores Not Regenerating Items

Post by Corvette »

Version p stock realm.

It seems like items are not regenerating. Is there a setting for this in WG that adjusts it? Or is this going to require editing the install files? Or possibly a bad install? I know, kind of vague questions. Or am I just being impatient?

BearFather

Re: Stores Not Regenerating Items

Post by BearFather »

If it's all stores do an offline recovery. If it's one or two try going into the room and typing "sys reset". Then at cleanup it will do some maintenance on that shop. Also is cleanup running on the board? If so more then once?

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

BearFather wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:42 am If it's all stores do an offline recovery. If it's one or two try going into the room and typing "sys reset". Then at cleanup it will do some maintenance on that shop. Also is cleanup running on the board? If so more then once?
Does the cleanup message happen when the board goes down? Or when it comes back up? After the board restarts I don't see "yesterdays" message. Last one says Automatic Databse Update Complete.

How do I run an offline recovery? I've seen it mentioned but I'm not being successful in finding the steps for that.

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

BearFather wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:42 am If it's all stores do an offline recovery. If it's one or two try going into the room and typing "sys reset". Then at cleanup it will do some maintenance on that shop. Also is cleanup running on the board? If so more then once?
I think I"m missing the point here. So, sorry. I did a search for offline recovery and found this:

"Solution
Run an offline recovery mode. You can trigger one to automatically run at the next cleanup by entering MajorMUD and typing sys reset in any room. If the problem is severe, then you'll want to take the BBS offline, and copy the WCCACMSR.VIR file over the WCCACMSR.DAT file, and then run the wccmmutl.exe program and manually run an offline recovery from there. Don't skip the recovery, or you risk duplicate monsters or regen problems. For NT systems, those files are WCCACMS2.VIR and DAT."

This was from this page: http://www.majormud.com/syshelp.html

So does sys reset just do that room or initiate the offline recovery?

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

From my understanding it just does the room you type it in.

For full recovery:
start menu/worlgroup/utilities/offline utilities
In this menu find wcc offline util.
Then choose offline recovery.
Sit back and profit!

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

BearFather wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:53 am From my understanding it just does the room you type it in.

For full recovery:
start menu/worlgroup/utilities/offline utilities
In this menu find wcc offline util.
Then choose offline recovery.
Sit back and profit!
Thank you.