Dodge

General MajorMUD Discussion
astronomical

Dodge

Post by astronomical »

Does anyone know:

1) how to calculate dodge % based on your +dodge stat. For example: does +1 dodge = +1 dodge %?
2) how does dodge relate to the accuracy of a mob? Is there a way to calculate how much dodge you need to dodge a particular type of mob?
3) what is the dodge cap?

Thanks!

BearFather

Re: Dodge

Post by BearFather »

Don't know the numbers my self but there is there is a post on here with all these stats just do a quick search on here.

astronomical

Post by astronomical »

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the stats page which talks about which stats give +dodge, but that post does not state HOW the dodge stat is used. For example, does +1 dodge = +1 dodge %?
And if it is is +1 % dodge, against which kind of accy mob?

I will keep looking into this.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

There is a combat post, but let see if I can pull it from memory.

+1 dodge = +1% dodge.

How it's calculated, if you have say 25% dodge, and a mob attacks you. It would roll the dodge percentage to see if it hits before any calcs are done with acc or AC.

So in game steps it would look like this...

Mob determines which PC to attack.
Dodge is rolled(if dodge end combat swing show dodge message)
Roll attack hit(test ACC vs AC)
Test if attack roll was crit
Roll damage if hit was success or crit.

I hope that makes sense, not the exact steps but the idea is the same.

Dizasta

Post by Dizasta »

Do players start out level 1 with a accuracy base other than the new stats you've added to your character? Like most monsters have a accruacy base anywhere around 85-100 for the most part and it gets higher for the harder monsters. Like I already know what a monster would be swinging at me, but how about a player? I'm not talking about seeing what they are wearing and what thier encrumbrance is plus what level they are to determine what accuracy they actually do have. if that makes any sense at all to you on what I'm trying to ask.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I'm not sure what the number is, but you also got to think about class too. Combat power plays a roll too, or mystics with their high MA will also effect the number.

Dizasta

Post by Dizasta »

Ya I understand that, but there has to be a base number where they all share the same value. A starting point if you must say. I was curious if there was anything of the sort knowing that there probably isn't since there are to many factors involved.

MiOw

Post by MiOw »

I am a little late to this party, but here is a thread that I posted with some extensive dodge testing that may answer, or at least give you insight, to most of your questions. Cheers.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2495&p=6209&hilit=d ... ting#p6209

ClassicMUD... lightly seasoned with no dupes!
www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2357