MegaMud @share

General MajorMUD Discussion
lupercal

MegaMud @share

Post by lupercal »

I've noticed that one of my characters, when in a Party always does `. @share` into the room.
I swear that it use to telepath between the members in the party to @share. Is there a setting for this some place?

The issue is that other people could be in the room, and if they use MegaMud it will give me the `{command invalid or not allowed}` message. And my chat logs will just be filled with those messages. :/

Bloodrock

Re: MegaMud @share

Post by Bloodrock »

look in party tab under settings look to right side is a list of things to put a check at or none

lupercal

Post by lupercal »

Which one of these options?
megamud_party.PNG
I don't really see any setting that changes how a party communicates with other MegaMud instances. Maybe in the *Talk* Tab?

Sentinal

Post by Sentinal »

Are you talking about money sharing? That would be under Cash. All it does is work to divide coins between all party members so that they share the weight when collecting. I never use it because it's flawed- one person can easily wind up too heavy to move and that breaks party. The option is called "Disable Sharing" and I recommend disabling it.

There is no option that makes Megamud telepath and otherwise communicate with other megamuds.

lupercal

Post by lupercal »

I see the option in the Party section called Auto-share collected cash. I guess I just have to disable that. It does seem pretty wonky by giving coins back and forth between the party members.

However, is there no way to control how MegaMud communicates to party members? I've seen it use telepaths sometimes and then just says other commands sometimes.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

think in the talk tab you can redirect or shut em off not sure