Leather Armour Problems

General MajorMUD Discussion
Sentinal

Leather Armour Problems

Post by Sentinal »

What're everyone's thoughts on leather armour in classic mud? It stops at Dragon Armour (white, black, red, blue, and green) and they are not up to par. They all very in encumbrance, AC, and DR in ways that just don't make sense. I play on an edited mud and I hope that the sysop there makes some changes to the leather armour, but if not, at least I have been able to make do with the rotted worm skin since there are no lims.

I find the various dragon armours to be a bit odd. I'm not sure why Bliz decided to do it this way-
(total suit states if someone has the full sets)
(Level 35)
White: 35/6.6
(Level 40)
Black: 39/5.6
(Level 45)
Red: 42/5.8
Blue: 45/6.9
Green: 48/4

Now why does the level 35 have the second highest DR while Green, the one with the highest AC have the lowest DR?
Suggesting the following changes:
White Dragon Armor: 35/4
Green Dragon armor: 50/13 (and changed to level 50)
Red Dragon Armor: Possibly changed to match the AC of Blue Dragon Armour? They're the same level and yet Red is inferior. Let them be the same encumbrance and only differ in elemental protection.

Ideas? Something needs to be done- leather wearers suffer a lot at higher levels. I'm running a lvl 49 Druid and a 46 Bard. The druid does all right since he has Blue Dragon Armour and Rotted Worm Skin coupled with Stoneskin spell. The bard is using Evasion and Blue Dragon Armour and often gets beaten down by Hill Giants.

I'm working on getting him his own Rotted Worm Skin.

BearFather

Re: Leather Armour Problems

Post by BearFather »

Leather wear's get jacked while plate get to become unkillable.

As far as the dragons, loot at the benies from them. Some get better benefits then others, it's to balance out the suits. And make you always wonder if a different set be better or not. I do agree tho that after that leather gear gets very slim esp if you have stock limited items.

Sentinal

Post by Sentinal »

yeah, I know that the benefits vary among dragon armour, but that really becomes moot. I mean, there's no point to getting the ability to resist fire if you're going to get ripped to shreads because your AC and DR is so low that you're hit all the time. And encumbrance varies among the dragon armour as well, but at high level, that is absolutely meaningless. Thanks to my bard's spells, both my bard and druid are light all the time despite wearing blue dragon armour.

So yeah, benefits really won't matter even a tiny bit past level 50. What matters is fixing the AC.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Yeah you do make a good point, but if you fight in a cold heavy spell area white armour would help a lot. Now in stock doesn't help as much as a well edited realm that uses typed damage better.

brewbs

Post by brewbs »

I feel like dragon hide armour makes you pick your poison, I like it. Usually end up mix and matched and don't get time to collect blue.. but lets face it, white dragon leather, NV, plus a couple specific weaps can be OP early on. Very handy for ranger exp table when the mobs are healing you. I don't think leather needs boosting, just need more options. And witchwood/rotted are too slim a selection for DR options. There's too many <40 options, it would be better to add unique lim leather items than boost the dragon stuff. Druid (esp kang) with worm skin and best AC gear can get pretty buff and accelerate a generally shitty exp rate.

If you were gonna edit, stuff like exe hood (silk), feather tipped hat, dusty tricorne (silk), embroidered black gauntlets, silverwood helm, gypsy gear - that stuff could be expanded and class stuff added especially for higher levels. More stuff were you cop a penalty for a bonus. Plus dusty, feather tipped, brown leather boots are too much of a pain to obtain. Gyp/Missy could really use boosted higher level gear to compensate for being crappy and tailing off in efficacy, kinda like locks get lunar chain. And general high level leather could use some more variety just for interest and specific builds. Variety is the spice of life lolol..