Dodge

General MajorMUD Discussion
MiOw

Dodge

Post by MiOw »

I searched for "dodge" and read a few threads, including http://www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... e&start=20, but was the order of AC vs. Dodge ever confirmed? Thinking since most dodge-oriented classes have lower AC, they "take" more hits, have more dodge checks, and thus more dodges?

ClassicMUD... lightly seasoned with no dupes!
www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2357
syntax
Site Admin

Re: Dodge

Post by syntax »

From that thread you linked, I quoted Wes telling me "it checks ac first, then dodge"

MiOw

Post by MiOw »

Fair 'nuff, I failed to read that as the final verdict. Thank you!

ClassicMUD... lightly seasoned with no dupes!
www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2357
cuckoorules

Post by cuckoorules »

I concur with the above statement about the order of dodge. I was semi-recently assisting one of my users to run some tests on one of my test realms as we were trying to definitively determine what stats add to what and also the impacts of adding +dodge, however he's disappeared likely out of business lately and so I don't have any final consensus on the effects of +dodge. From the preliminary tests, base dodge seems to be 3% with some minor increases at higher levels (level 50 went to 4% with all stats at 50, level 100 went to 7% with all base stats). But, then using the same all 50 stats at level 50, 5 dodge only gave 5%, 10 dodge gave 9%, 20 dodge gave 10%, 50 dodge gave 19% and 100 dodge gave 31%. The true dodge % may be slightly skewed by the fact that 100% accuracy isn't a thing, but I tried to normalize it as much as possible by using a 0AC character and a monster with like 400 accuracy on its hits. I don't really see any clear pattern here but hopefully we will have a chance to continue testing later on.

EDIT: that thread about "what stats do what" is in some aspects entirely wrong/making shit up also. I didn't test everything so I can't provide a better comprehensive list, but I can tell you that it is not entirely accurate and should not be treated as such