Is it possible?

General MajorMUD Discussion
Djkao

Is it possible?

Post by Djkao »

All mud gurus,

I'm building my own mud and i already have already built 2 races and 1 new class which is included in all the alignment quest and works. my question is i want to know if its possible to make it where when you create a new dupe that the new class doesnt show up and it is a lvl 50 quest instead for 1 or more of the exsisting classes. if this is possible, can you please give me the code line that you would have to put in the quest that changes it. Thanks in advance for the help in this matter.

BearFather

Re: Is it possible?

Post by BearFather »

There is no way I found to stop a class or race showing on the new player screen. Since I started been wanting to do an epic class for higher ups. But never found a way to restrict new players from choosing it.

Djkao

Post by Djkao »

Hmmmmmm. Yeah. I made a new class that is a better ninja/thief. Was wanting to make it a quest so you can change from them to the new class, so i can add more alignment quest for lvl 50 and above

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

The only way I could come up with is to make a bot that checks all new users, and see if they are that class, and if they are warn then proceed to roll them.

Djkao

Post by Djkao »

That would work but to much work for me. I might just make an ability quest that just gives you inproved stats

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Be careful with actual stats, if they goto high mud will retrain them on cleanup. I had made ion stones, they would add +10 to their stats for high lvl quest. They don't do anything, and when I made them +20 people began to get stuck at retrain screen at night. In the end I lowered the stat adjustments and then upped the abils as if they train 10 cps in stats and 20 cps worth of stats.

Djkao

Post by Djkao »

Roger. Ill keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice.