MegaMUD Setup

General MajorMUD Discussion
AncientButterfly

Re: MegaMUD Setup

Post by AncientButterfly »

I know this is a few years old. But I did everything above but do not have the ability to connect?

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

AncientButterfly wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:37 pm I know this is a few years old. But I did everything above but do not have the ability to connect?
Given the vast amount of detail you've provided, I think you've tried everything!

GingoGumbo

Post by GingoGumbo »

I recently lost my megamud and tried to reinstall it. When I attempt to run it I get the following message:

Your INI file does not appear to be within "Chars" sub-directory. Please check that the correct INI file has been loaded and that MegaMud is installed properly.

Does anyone know how to work around this, or better yet, fix it?

GG

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

This is down to in your INI it's set to load last INI and it's having an issue cause that INI is gone. In the first post it will tell you where to find your megamud.ini, find it open it and find loadlastini=1, change to 0.

SabreBabe

Post by SabreBabe »

What solution is there for perhaps grouping megamud instances?

For example, if I play on 4 different boards, with a total of 12 characters and I perfer to use a lot of the same character names...its very confusing especially if I need to switch between them in a somewhat timely manner.

Anyone have any ideas? If you play a lot of characters, how do you manage them? Perhaps nothing can be done, but I like organization and I'm kinda OCD.

Ty!

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

The best I find is using the taskbar icon, still won't help if you use the same name in multiple boards. Older versions of windows had a grouping feature that helped a little. But that was like windows xp.

hardware

Post by hardware »

I used to play each board in its own VM that resided on a box other than my main rig.

This has many advantages - obviously separation of megas but also separation of MMUD Explorer installs / databases (no more loading different dats all the time) also dont have to worry about mega jankin up any particular rig you are on, frees all its resources, easy to snapshot/backup/restore etc, easily accessible from any rig in your house or from any computer in the world with an internet connection actually (think travel somewhere and still check on all your megas with a laptop) the list goes on.

omg dont make me start playing again, I think Im about 6 years sober.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

This is what I do also, minus the accounts. All my megas run on the same user, but they are remote to my main machine. Then I use MegaProxy to move my chat to my main host.

Also you must want to play again if your trolling mudinfo.

Raybdbomb

Post by Raybdbomb »

Has anyone setup Mega with timed bosses and events?

Let's say mino chief is 1 hr timer, and I'm setup to script minos w/o chief (yes I realize I could just add his room to script, but let's pretend he's nowhere near). How would the "Events" tab look? I tried:
Every 1 hr go to mino chief
Every 1 hr loop (minos w/o chief)
But you can't choose what time on the hour it runs, so it stops mid-way to chief and resumes loop. Who's done this before and how did you set it up?

Edit: someone on the fb group told me:
every 1 hr go to mino chief
In path to mino chief, there's a spot to say "When finished, do", add the loop there.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

That's the best way to add the loop after. But the common way is set the chief to 1 hr. Then the event will run, and mega should just go back to scripting the last loop once it kills it.