Black Cauldron Boost

General MajorMUD Discussion
Joker

Black Cauldron Boost

Post by Joker »

Ever wonder exactly what happens when you picked up the Black Cauldron from the Night Hag, and typed "Use Cauldron"? Here you go:

Warrior, Paladin, Cleric, Witchunter, Warlock: +1 Damage / +10% HP Regen
Ranger, Mystic, Gypsy, Bard, Thief, Missionary, Ninja: +3 BS Min Damage, +2 BS Max Damage
Mage, Druid, Priest: +15% Mana Regen

The most interesting part here is, once a cauldron has been used, nobody else can ever use it to get the bonus. Example: The night hag is killed, the cauldron is picked up by a paladin, and used. The paladin gets the bonus. As long as "that particular cauldron" remains in the game, nobody can use future cauldrons. In order for a second person to get the bonus, the first cauldron must be flushed, or turned into Seher for the Mage Knock spell. Once this happens, a new cauldron is generated, and can then be used again. These effects are permanent!

BearFather

Re: Black Cauldron Boost

Post by BearFather »

Where do you see this? Cause all I can see is it casting a spell that fully heals you and cures poison.

Joker

Post by Joker »

At work right now, but will post the info later this evening when I get home. Pretty sure this was extracted from the "black cauldron" spell, or whatever the effects name was in the wccmmud.dat or the spells dat file. I was looking to edit the effects of the cauldron, as I initially seen the heal/restore you mention, as well. But then, came across the "full effects" elsewhere, and figured it was good enough as is. Will post the file and hex location info later.

Cheers!

Raptor

Post by Raptor »

neat!