Training level 66+

General MajorMUD Discussion
BearFather

Re: Training level 66+

Post by BearFather »

It's in the ancient fortress. Which is in the far NE corner of the desert.

http://www.mudinfo.net/maps/phantoms/ma ... rtress.htm
On this map it's the W on Ancient Fortress #1. Requires some reading to figure out.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

go to the desert from there go to the ancient fortress, grand chamber type buy training sit for a bit it will teleport ya to a room from there by hand go north take at least 160 runic with ya will by hand go bout 50 rooms til ya come to a n w e i believe, go w

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

On the map that room, if I understood it correctly reads level 67-75. The only T room that says level 66 trainer I have to go through the spacelord? Or did I completely misunderstand this map? Sorry for sounding like such a newbie...

sigma

Post by sigma »

Been a long time since I've done any of this crap, so I've completely forgotten everything, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong about anything here.

Looking at everything in MME, there's two ways to go... an easy way that costs an assload of money to pay for a key and tolls but is relatively safe, and another harder way where you fight a bunch of stuff that you'll need a sizable party for.

The easy way gets you to the Demon Imp trainer, where you can train from 66-75 (the map lists this incorrectly... it's the "Solo Trainer" in the MME shop list). To get there, go to the Ancient Fortress entrance (ne corner of the desert), then from the very first "Ancient Fortress, Jail Cell" room (exits N, Up), go N, E, E, N, N, N, W, SW, SW, S, S, SE, E. In that room you type in "shakabuku" or "say shakabuku" or something like that. That will teleport you to the "Grand Chamber" room, where you buy a training key (something like 20 runic), after which you'll be automatically teleported by a roomspell to another passage-- either Crimson, Ebony, or Golden depending on your class (note only the crimson passage is shown on the map linked above):
1. Crimson passage-- only one way to go.
2. Ebony Passage works like the Mirrored Passasge for the Basilisk in the Mod-2 Ancient Ruin--
According to MME, from the room you're teleported to: go E x 5, W x 4, E, W, E, W, E x 2, S x 4.
3. Golden Passage is a spiral staircase-- I don't think you can screw it up... just go in a clockwise order (i.e. se, sw, nw, ne, repeat until you get to the end). FYI, nearly every step is trapped.

At the end of those passages, you'll end up in the southernmost room of the Grand Hallway (the long vertical stretch on the map linked in the above post). From there, just keep going north (30 steps, each of which has a toll) until you find a west exit (might be hidden, not sure), and that's where you'll find the Demon Imp trainer. Be careful not to go too far north in the hallway, or you'll have to start over back at the Grand Chamber where you buy the training key and have to pay for another key and all the tolls again.

Once you're done training, exit/re-enter the realm to get out.
-----
The hard way appears to go like this:
1. Go south from the Ancient Fortress jail (i.e. from the entrance go N, E, E, S), kill Nahr, and wander up and down the southern outer wall until you find an Angelic Hunter and get an Ancient key from them (spawned by roomspells, AFAIK) so you can get into the Hedge maze.

2. In the hedge maze:
--defeat the Handsome Man, Beautiful Woman (who turns into Lorzina) to get tree branches.
--take the branches to the Withered Tree room, and Azrandimon will spawn.
--defeat Azrandimon to get a Stone Rook Key, and use that to get to the Majestic Dragon
--Kill the Majestic Dragon, after which you'll be teleported to another room of the Ancient Fortress where you'll meet the Demon Imp (obviously, not the "easy" training room).

3. In is part of the AF, there are portals to the east and west-- one to Heavenly Sky, other to Burning Valley... you'll need to visit both:
-- Burning Valley: collect 20 black spikes (dropped by spiked juggernauts that spawn there), trade them to the Demon Imp found in the valley for a Slimey Spiked Key (ask imp spikes), use the key to open the door to the Demon Lord, kill him, and take the Black Spiked Ball he drops. You'll be ported back to the AF Imp room.
-- In the Heavenly Sky, visit each "riddle room" and answer them to open the door to the Golden Phoenix, kill the phoenix to get the Golden Rod, and you'll be TP'd back to the AF Imp room.

4. Ask the Imp "return" with both the Rod and the Ball, and he'll teleport you to a Dark Cavern where you'll fight a Hydra.... Kill the hydra and enter the portal.

5. At this point you'll either be ported to the easy-version's Grand Hallway if you've done the "shakabuku" bit at any point before, or to a separate "hard" version of the Grand Hallway if you haven't. In the "hard" Grand Hallway, the north path is level 66 restricted, and the 3 south paths are all class-restricted... follow the only path that'll let you through, then complete the area it leads to using the maps linked above, and you'll be dropped at a Universal Trainer where you can train level 66 (i.e. the "SixtySix" trainer in MME's shop list).

6. After training to 66, go west, and you'll be back at the Grand Hallway where the Hydra Portal dropped you, but will now be able to leave through the north exit.

7. This is another Mirrored Passage area, but is detailed on the map linked above (in the section with all the <<< and >>> symbols... you want to end up at either H or T1) Once you're at a throne room, kill Nahr (if necessary-- he's present at H, not present at T1), sit throne, and you'll be teleported to the Deep Black Pit.

8. Kill Nahr again in the pit, after which he'll respawn once, so kill him again one last time, and you'll be teleported to the Spacelord's room (i.e. Platform of the Stars), where you can train from 67-75. After training, "go portal" from there, and you'll be dropped back at the entrance to the Ancient Fortress.

Zero

Post by Zero »

Go to ancient fortress in desert. Go down, north, east until you can't go further, north until you can't go further, then follow the path west and you'll do a half-circle counter-clockwise around the fortress. The last room should be the one you type the phrase in.

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

Thanks everyone, finally got around to trying this. Level 68 now.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Gonna give this post a little bump so it's easier to find. Since I use it all the time.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

We really need to get sigma's post pasted somewhere cause it is undeniably a most to have. Every time someone hit's 65 I send them here. Maybe add it to the trainers page...wait there was a trainers page right....

msdss

Post by msdss »

For the Crimson Passage, eventually the room name will change to 'Grand Hallway'. When you get to the Grand Hallway section, there won't be any doors anymore, and you can just run North. However, you want to stop when you can go West. You can't back track any of the rooms, so if you accidentally go North too many times, you will have to start over. Also, the room you go West in, will have 'A pile of bones huddles in the corner here.' added to the room description.

For the Ebony Passage, the instructions are incorrect. The correct path is: E x 5, W x 4, E, W, E, W, E, W, S x 4. Sigma's post is mostly correct, except for the last few steps. After that, it is the same instructions as the Crimson Passage. Just head North until you see an exit to the West. The room description will change to have 'A pile of bones huddles in the corner here.'.

I've never done the Golden Passage. But if I ever do, I'll update this post.

Sentinal

Post by Sentinal »