deed vanished

General MajorMUD Discussion
mikey

deed vanished

Post by mikey »

I bought the white ganghouse deed yesterday and it disappeared at cleanup. I started the day with several characters in one gang and the gang leader owned the gold deed. I uninvited one of my gang members and had him start a new gang. I scripted him for a bit to get the 100k experience that the board requires to buy a ganghouse and then had him spend the 100 runic to get the white deed. I put 7 runic in his bank account to be safe, cleanup happened, and when I logged back in the deed was not in his inventory. What did I do wrong? I want to save up and buy the house again but I want to make sure the deed doesn't vanish again. Also, I put a few limited items on the floor of the ganghouse shop and they poofed, obviously, but the sys limited list shows that they are still in that room. Do they get reindexed at the next cleanup?

Bloodrock

Re: deed vanished

Post by Bloodrock »

what board did it happen on???

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

mikey wrote:I bought the white ganghouse deed yesterday and it disappeared at cleanup. I started the day with several characters in one gang and the gang leader owned the gold deed. I uninvited one of my gang members and had him start a new gang. I scripted him for a bit to get the 100k experience that the board requires to buy a ganghouse and then had him spend the 100 runic to get the white deed. I put 7 runic in his bank account to be safe, cleanup happened, and when I logged back in the deed was not in his inventory. What did I do wrong? I want to save up and buy the house again but I want to make sure the deed doesn't vanish again. Also, I put a few limited items on the floor of the ganghouse shop and they poofed, obviously, but the sys limited list shows that they are still in that room. Do they get reindexed at the next cleanup?
Something similar happened on a board I play on to someone. They guessed that it was because they 'touched' or were in possession of two different gang related emblems on the same 'day'. This was being done because they wanted to switch gang houses. So he tried it again but let a day go by between the 'ownership' and it turned out ok.

mikey

Post by mikey »

It's on an unedited private board I'm running. I have no experience with running a board, either, so I didn't know how to do backups or else I would have reverted to one. Any info on that would be welcome. The character who had the deed vanish from inventory had never owned a deed before and the white deed had been in the shop since I started the game.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

you could add a line to wgsclean.bat for doing a nightly back here is what i have in mine
copy *.dat D:\dats
copy *.dat L:\dats

make sure you create the folder dats
i copy to 2 diff drives and not to drive that bbs is on so if bbs drive dies still have 2 copies
you can just save mud files if ya want i prefer to save all dats so i don't loose mud or bbs dats

Magee

Post by Magee »

Had this happen to me too, and I think it was because my gang leader had 0 gold in Rhuadar bank. Plenty in Silvermere but due to some kind of bug that didn't seem to matter. Once it put some money in all of its bank accounts then the deed tax money was withdrawn from the Silvermere account correctly and the deed wasn't taken back at cleanup.

Sentinal

Post by Sentinal »

The mod with that put the gang houses into the game (mod 8) was the buggiest mod ever released. It was also the very first mod that Metropolis wrote all by themselves after buying the game from WCC. So, use the gang houses at your own risk.