Giant Apparatus Regen

General MajorMUD Discussion
charlieb

Giant Apparatus Regen

Post by charlieb »

How long does the giant apparatus take to regen? Is it after the next cleanup?

BearFather

Re: Giant Apparatus Regen

Post by BearFather »

I remember in the old days being cleanup. But a friend had recent mention it wasn't there after cleanup. So 24 hrs is my best guess. Since it's an item and not a monster, not sure how it's regen works if not cleanup putting it back.

sigma

Post by sigma »

Last time I messed around with the Apparatus was when I ran a private, stock board (v1.11p) and it worked the same as any other placed items like the alder chest in the Hidden Keep, the Night Hag's Cauldron, the Frozen Anvil/Giant in the Mod 2 area, etc.... they spawn every time the board was shut down and relaunched regardless of whether cleanup was run or not, and regardless of how much time passed between each reload. I literally destroyed the apparatus, shut the board down, loaded it back up, and destroyed the apparatus again minutes later.

Only two things I can think of that would prevent it from spawning:
1. There's a limited amount of space for items to exist in each room, so if there's too much stuff laying around (an oversized death-pile, perhaps), the apparatus won't spawn (since it, itself, is an item) when the board is started up.

2. There was some mod and/or other change made to that particular board that messed this up.

charlieb

Post by charlieb »

Seems like it does actually spawn somewhere around 24 hours. It wasn't there after cleanup.

Sludge

Post by Sludge »

It should respawn after cleanup you boners

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

You are correct it should by the way it reads. But yet it doesn't. Go give it try.