Scripting Programs

Bloodrock

Re: Scripting Programs

Post by Bloodrock »

make sure you have megamud ver 1.03u then get the winterhawk update if on an edited realm find out if it offers paths and loops for added or edited areas.

Gridlocked

Post by Gridlocked »

The latest version i need to install winter's pack..i was told not to install MM in the program file direct is that true?

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Gridlocked wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:43 pm The latest version i need to install winter's pack..i was told not to install MM in the program file direct is that true?
http://www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2059

Gridlocked

Post by Gridlocked »

Getting an error after removing the program.. cleaning the registry of any megamud then reinstalling it to a new directory C;\MegaMud

Getting the following error:

your ini file does not appear to be within the "Chars" sub-directory

have permissions set to full for users for directory ect

running in admin

Gridlocked

Post by Gridlocked »

Ok cleaned it again.. installed in program files86..followed the instructions in the previous link. I still get the character ini file sub directory ...

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Gridlocked wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:46 am Ok cleaned it again.. installed in program files86..followed the instructions in the previous link. I still get the character ini file sub directory ...
Uninstall it, delete the folder from program files, delete the folder from C:\Users\<YOURPROFILENAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Megamud and start over.

Gridlocked

Post by Gridlocked »

Still get same error..Could it be a regestry key ?

Gridlocked

Post by Gridlocked »

I would think an install would rewrite all registry entries correctly

Gridlocked

Post by Gridlocked »

By the way -- in windows 10 Control panel the program is not listed. it has no uninstaller.. so I have just been deleting the folder....

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Gridlocked wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:31 am By the way -- in windows 10 Control panel the program is not listed. it has no uninstaller.. so I have just been deleting the folder....
that's probably your problem. it definitely has an uninstaller. when you go to "apps & features" in windows 10, click on "programs and features" under "related settings". This will bring up the old style program listing.