Megamud Suggestion?

General MajorMUD Discussion
CuttySark

Megamud Suggestion?

Post by CuttySark »

Yo, I've been trying to figure out how to get megamud to no longer STOP before entering the last room in a GOTO..

It's rather annoying sending my character to, say the efreeti, then getting sidetracked in another window on the walk there, to only switch back and see I've been sitting in the room before the Efreeti, and someone else while I was in another window walked in and killed her.

The same goes for when going to a boss that requires a special command to enter the last room, and forgetting what it is, having to edit the path steps, to figure it out, rather then Megadumb just going in for me.

Is there a work around, or a fix for this? Because I remember a older version that didn't do this stupid feature. Would have also been nice for it to have been an option in "Other" to do it, rather then just doing it.. Shrugs, thnx for reading, hope to see some replies.

CuttySark

BearFather

Re: Megamud Suggestion?

Post by BearFather »

I remember back in the day there was an option to ignore that but I don't see it anymore, maybe it was disable health and it did? Now we are talking 20 years old memories.

cuckoorules

Re: Megamud Suggestion?

Post by cuckoorules »

There's an option on the room definition to stop before entering. Any path with that room as an end-room will stop if checked. Uncheck it for the relevant room(s).