PS Vita 3.67 Homebrew and Emulators

Anything goes.
AdmiralAcid

PS Vita 3.67 Homebrew and Emulators

Post by AdmiralAcid »

Why buy a PS Vita? Well its a perfect time. They just really stopped having them in stores. Cant hardly find a game at a real store. So online they are getting cheap. Sony said they are going to quit producing firmware updates, so hacks from now on should not get patched. And I figured if i acted quickly with buying real games (i own 5) I could still get the game updates b4 the network goes down (assuming it will, the "near" app does not work and a FreeToPlay game does not do its online stuffs). But right now I'm running an up-to-date copy of Borderlands2 and jamming with friends online. I think also if i own it for a long while, the value might go back up like I've seen many systems do over time.

Why hack one? It's just in my blood I guess.

Why write a tutorial? Well when I first did this I had to read many different tutorials and watch videos until I found what works for me. I take it a bit farther with more Hexedits to get each game unique too. And, I'm posting here because I have a history of missing information.

I'm on a stock windows 7 64bit build.
My PS Vita is Model PCH-1101 Running 3.67 FW
myVitaSystem.jpg
Software
Qcma - Cross-platform content manager assistant for the PS Vita
https://codestation.github.io/qcma/
PSVIMGTOOLS-FRONTEND V0.6 - for unpacking and rebuilding the games with your data
https://github.com/SilicaAndPina/psvimg ... d/releases
Your fav. hex editor
http://www.hexworkshop.com/
AND
A psp game, demo, or mini
I found Petz Saddle Club Demo in the store. Its 171mb but its free.

Installing / Configure of QCMA

I did nothing special installing during the install process. I clicked a series of nexts just like most of the windows software i deal with.
qcmainstall.PNG
It made a desktop icon and here it is running for the first time down in my task area
lilIcons.PNG
lilIcons.PNG (28.92 KiB) Viewed 15550 times
I first right clicked on that lil icon and choose settings. I left all the folders options default, but changed the "other" advanced options to the following.
qcmaSettings.PNG
I then connected my PS Vita - It took a minute, but install an additional driver. I disconnected my Vita and exited the software. I will from now on always run the qmca as Administrator.

Getting Petz Demo
The next thing to do was download the demo game from the ps store. I did a search for "petz" and found the demo.
20180318_232539.jpg
Downloaded it
petzDownload.jpg
and ran it for the fist time.
petzRunning.jpg
And exited the game.

Getting the game to my PC

I ran the qcma software (as admin) and connected my Vita. On the vita side I went into Content Manager and Copyed Content to my PC. It made an entry in QCMA that looks like this.
afterBackup.PNG
Last edited by AdmiralAcid on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.

AdmiralAcid

Re: PS Vita 3.67 Homebrew and Emulators

Post by AdmiralAcid »

PSVIMGTOOLS

This software again, I kept everything default and Nexted my way through it. Once launching the software I did the following clicks.

Backup Manager > Unsign and Extract > Playstation Portable > Chose ME > Picked Game > Clicked Unsign and Extract
imgToolsExtractUnsign.PNG
Sheesh, what a mess of a front end. It did some dossy stuff in the background and then told me all done. It made a file system like this
unsignedFiles.PNG
That is my games folder name. Notice it is 9 long. I keep it that way but rename the folder to PICODRIVE in all caps.

In my \EXTRACTED\PGAME\PICODRIVE\sce_sys\
There are two files. One is the icon0 file that becomes your bubble icon and the other is param.sfo. I opened param.sfo in my hex editor and made the following changes...

OLD
sceOld.PNG
NEW
sceNew.PNG
I was lucky and found a way to use every space for the long name. As for the short folder name we edited earlier, i kept it 9 long and all caps.

I could of made the folder something different, like SEGA00001 and the long name I could of made appear shorter by filling the end with blank spaces.

Next is to add your game files and hex one more file.

In the \EXTRACTED\PGAME\PICODRIVE\game\ux0_pspemu_temp_game_PSP_GAME_NPUH90024\ folder copy your games files over too it, and edit a file called VITA_PATH.TXT

I made mine look like this
pathEdit.PNG
pathEdit.PNG (9.5 KiB) Viewed 15541 times
Time to use PSVIMGTOOLS again to sign and pack it up.
Backup Manager > Sign & Pack > Playstation Portable > Picked Game > Chose ME > Clicked Choose Account
packing.PNG
After that we need to refresh our QCMA database
refresh.PNG
refresh.PNG (12.13 KiB) Viewed 15540 times
Now were ready to copy this back over to the Vita using its content manager bubble. This time from PC to Vita.
copyingPcToVita.jpg
and here is my PSvita showing the new bubble.
newBubble.jpg
Check it out running a game
running.jpg
Last edited by AdmiralAcid on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:31 am, edited 8 times in total.

AdmiralAcid

Post by AdmiralAcid »

réservé pour moi

AdmiralAcid

Post by AdmiralAcid »

réservé pour moi

AdmiralAcid

Post by AdmiralAcid »

These are the emulators i have tested and also made custom icons for. You'll need to add your own roms and place the icon0 file in the EXTRACTED\PGAME\**GAME**\sce_sys\ folder.
Picodrive.zip
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 675 times
- Sega emulator

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Nice. I recently got into Wii-U hacking on wrote some tuts over on gbatemp.net.

Mcburney

Post by Mcburney »

Amazing tutorial AdmiralAcid. Makes me wanna dive in and do this straight away.

These testosterone boosters are really helpful for your entire health.
AdmiralAcid

Post by AdmiralAcid »

I sold the game pad. I'm cleaning up some bookmarks and found this: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/platform/3