tda7379 audio amp

Anything goes.
AdmiralAcid

tda7379 audio amp

Post by AdmiralAcid »

I traded a shitty walmart surround sound stereo for 5 dell poweredge 1950 servers. So i really needed my music back.

I was given a broken and gutted Pyle Home(R) PTA4 120-Watt x 2 Mini Stereo Power Amp

I pulled the tda7379 amp chip out of it. Here is an example of a circuit from the datasheet.
tda7379.jpg
My changes are in red. The input caps were changed to 4.7uf. The X's are things i didnt use. I think my power supply has that big cap in it... I'm powering it with a 9vdc 700ma wall wart. I'd like to upgrade that to a 12vdc 1amp but i'll have to wait.
20180215_131956.jpg

I'm using the heat sink and the LED board from the pyle pta4. Superglue worked surprisingly well to mount these things. Everything else came from other dead devices. The volume pot, switch, and audio input jack. I'm driving two vintage emerson model system 24 speakers my sister hard when she was a kid. They are about 30 years old. Heh...

The LED board is powered right to the switch and the "triggers" directly to the speaker positive outputs.

I like how i ground to the heat sink itself! Chip runs cool.

Fun little project and everything came together super easy without much troubleshooting.

AdmiralAcid

Re: tda7379 audio amp

Post by AdmiralAcid »

Scored a Realistic seven band stereo frequency equalizer
s-l1000.jpg

The case on this thing is flimsy. The metal bottom can press into the bottom of the circuit board and short out. This causes problems when you adjust right channel faders. Also, if you just touch flesh to metal it would cause noise. It was super touchy.

I made some modifications to it. On the right side are rubber feet that screw from the bottom. I removed the screws and super glued them in place. I then took some rubber washers and placed them under the circuit board to keep it raised up a bit.

It can still short out if you really try. I can pick it up just fine and move it around. Its playable now...

AdmiralAcid

Post by AdmiralAcid »

upgrade tonight

scored the speakers that go with the Innovative Technology - Classic CD 50W Stereo
speakers.jpeg

so,

i traded my shit stereo for 5 dell poweredge pcs

built an amp from dead stereos

was given broken equalizer i fixed, and then hand-me-down speakers. I think i made off well...

AdmiralAcid

Post by AdmiralAcid »

here it is
20180227_223909.jpg