Megamud problems

Anything goes.
Eldix

Megamud problems

Post by Eldix »

There has arisen lately a problem on my private board. Out of nowhere, characters began losing their ability to cast. My first caster could cast and still can, but 2 new casters suddenly dont want to use spells. they try to normal attack instead of casting, and wont cast buff spells either. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Joker

Re: Megamud problems

Post by Joker »

Eldix wrote:There has arisen lately a problem on my private board. Out of nowhere, characters began losing their ability to cast. My first caster could cast and still can, but 2 new casters suddenly dont want to use spells. they try to normal attack instead of casting, and wont cast buff spells either. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Have you tried talking with them? Maybe they prefer to be non-spell casters. :lol:

Try looking at a few settings in megamud. First, look at the Max Monsters under the combat tab. If this is set too low, they will not attack. (Example, the Max Monster setting is at 3, and they enter a room with 4 monsters, then they will not attack. Nor will they flee if they are following a party leader). Next, look at the Max Exp under combat tab. Again, if there is too much mob experience in the room, they will not attack. However, since they are attempting to normal attack, this is probably not the issue. Also, check the number of casts to use and the min/max mana setting for the attack spell. If the mana setting is set too high, and the character has less mana than what is specified, they will not attack. This goes the same for buff spells. They will not cast buffs if they are below the mana setting in megamud.

Lastly, if all your megamud settings are correct, then close the window, exit the program, and go to the megamud/characters folder. Find the directory for each character, and delete the *.TRC file associated with that character. These are ongoing files that continue to increase in size with character life, and if they get too large, they can begin to cause stack overflow errors in megamud. After this, restart megamud and see if the problem is fixed.

Cheers!

Joker

Re: Megamud problems

Post by Joker »

TypicalLady wrote:Oh! Thank you! Thank you so much! Now, everything is clear!
You're very welcome, SpamBot!