Gang houses

Anything goes.
Ayleanna

Gang houses

Post by Ayleanna »

Supposedly you need 10mil gang experience in order to purchase a house according to Syntax's post. However I am unable to purchas a house at 15mil?

mikey

Re: Gang houses

Post by mikey »

The GANGEXP option can be changed in Worldgroup's Generald Setup program to require different gang experience to purchase a ganghouse. It's in the WCCMMUD category.

Joker

Re: Gang houses

Post by Joker »

Ayleanna wrote:Supposedly you need 10mil gang experience in order to purchase a house according to Syntax's post. However I am unable to purchas a house at 15mil?
Most people don't understand the "gang experience" concept, so let me clarify this. If you have 10 Million experience, and you create a gang and invite another character who has 10 Million experience, your gang "does NOT" have 20 Million experience. Your gang effectively has 0 experience. Gang experience is not relative to your character's experience, it begins to accumulate once the gang has been created. Additionally, any members you add to the gang later will not automatically increase your gang experience, they will contribute as they begin to earn experience from that point forward. So, if you set your wccmmud.ini settings to require 1 Million experience to purchase a ganghouse, then once a player creates a gang, the character may have 1 Million experience, but the gang has 0. If that character then kills the cave worm, the character has 1,000,200 experience, but the gang only has 200 accumulated experience. This is why a person who has 200 Million experience can create a gang, but is unable to purchase a gang house yet.

The GANGEXP setting under WorldGroup General Setup has a note at the bottom of the screen that clearly states "accumulated gang experience required". You can use the Top Gangs command in majormud (if enabled by the sysop) to track the status of your gang's experience, so you will know when your gang is able to purchase a gang house.

Hope this clarifies things for you!

Joker