Missionary Item Quest

syntax
Site Admin

Missionary Item Quest

Post by syntax »

NOTE: To start this quest, you must be at least level 40.

From MudVille:
This quest can only be done by missionaries, though, any level 40 can wear the cobra earrings.

The quest starts in the Golden Palace in the Scorching Desert. Go to the well in the courtyard, then go W, W and look for a grate. Pull it and go down. You should see a Feline Prisoner there.

GREET FELINE

The prisoner gazes at you, cat-like eyes darting around, as if to ensure you were material and real. His clawed hand, firmly grasping his clothed item, reaches out and touches you, then darts his hand back. Finally he speaks in a voice long parched for thirst. "Greetings to you stranger, I am Myn-Al, of the faith of Felarizal. Forgive my apprehension but my imprisionment has lasted several days, each of them filled with torture by my half-brethern keepers." A sudden wracking cough over takes his entire body, soon blood is staining his dirty golden fur. He still keeps a grip on his clothed item, but the rest of his body slumps weakly against. His eyes closed tightly he finally says to you, "Perhaps you may do a dying missionary one last service?"

ASK FELINE SERVICE

The dying feline gazes up at you for a moment, but his head lolls back suddenly as if he was unconcious.

He looks at you sternly, his hand outstretched...

Then the prisoner's feline eyes light up with sudden vigor. "Alas you look to be one I may trust." His free hand removes a sealed letter from his tattered clothes, he then hands it to you and says "I beg of you to take this sealed letter to the nomad in the desert, he is one who I have befriended and he must know of this message, for common enemies are now strong yet again." Another bout of bloody coughs tears at the lionman. With gasping breaths he says to you "Hurry now to him and tell him of this letter, then with his sign return and a reward you shall have." Then he slumps over, breathing shallowly.

The Feline Prisoner will give you a letter to take to a nomad. Nomads wander all over. If you get stuck, you can usually find one near the entrance to the blue dragon area.

ASK NOMAD LETTER

You hand him the letter which the nomad gingerly takes, mumbling something under his breath he opens the seal, and pours over the contents. His face clouds up with dark thoughts, and he finally crumples up the letter, tossing it into a vat of soiled water nearby. He then hands you a small vial and merely says, "My thanks to you for this bit of news, take this now, as my sign, from wence you came."

Now, back to the Feline Prisoner.

ASK FELINE RETURN

You nudge the tattered prisoner, announcing to him your return...

With the agility of his race he awakens and clutches your hand, a growl escaping his lips. Gazing at you harshly he says, "If you are not an illusion give to me now what the nomad gave to you!" Without a word you hand him the small vial, he takes it from you, gazing at it for a few moments. Then in one sudden action he downs the vial, and lies back against the wall. He then unravels his clothed item and reveals a bright blue blade, that shines with magical power. He lays it on the floor and gestures for you to take it. Whispering he says "The vial given to me will heal my internal wounds, allowing me some comfort in this cold prison. I do not expect I can escape the magics of the rakshasa, so to you I leave this sword, it has served me well and may it do the same for you." He then closes his eyes, and sounds as if he were resting peacefully.

From MudCentral:
Go to the well in the Golden Palace in the desert. From the well go w, w, pull grate, d. This will put in a room with the Feline Prisoner. Beware the rakshasha’s in the palace…3-4 of them can round two 40th level characters

Ask feline
Ask felineservice (feline gives you a letter to take to a nomad)
Find a nomad in the desert (usually on the far east side of the desert but one may appear any where in the area)

Ask nomad letter (nomad gives you a vial to take back to feline)

Go back to feline prisoner

Ask feline return

Congrats! You now have an azure shamshir and a pair of cobra earrings (No exp for this one, as if the items weren’t enough)

Submitted by Everis Cale 41st Missionary of Digital Playground Interactive bbs.dgpi.com