Sunstone Wristband Quest

Post Reply
User avatar
syntax
Site Admin
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 am

Sunstone Wristband Quest

Post by syntax » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 am

4/15/2016 - From Splat:
  1. Quest Requirements:
    1. Required Items: pickaxe (Miner's Guild, Khazard), rope and grapple (General Store), waterskin(s) (General Store), dwarven ale (Frothing Mug Tavern, Khazarad)
    2. Required Cash: 1250 Gold
  2. Go to nekojin elder (Ornate Tent, Dusty Village, Scorching Desert)
    1. ask elder traders (abil 134(1) granted)
  3. Go to the Saracen Hideout (Scorching Desert)
    1. Kill saracen raiders until one drops a saracen head (25% drop rate)
    2. Pick up the saracen head
  4. Go to guard sergeant (Small Pyramid Entrance, Scorching Desert)
    1. ask guard sergeant head
    2. The guard sergeant will take your saracen head (abil 134(2) granted)
  5. Go to Master Trader Tolgard (Small Pyramid, Scorching Desert)
    1. ask master trader tolgard favor
    2. Master Trader Tolgard will give you item heavy box (250 Encumbrance)
  6. Go to Meia (Curio Shop, Silvermere)
    1. Ask meia box
    2. Meia will take your heavy box (abil 134(3) granted)
    3. Note: text says Meia gives you a "small ivory token" - this is not an actual inventory item you will receive
  7. Go to Master Trader Tolgard
    1. Ask master trader tolgard return (abil 134(4) granted)
  8. Go to seeress (Small Pyramid, Scorching Desert)
    1. Ask seeress accept (abil 134(5) granted)
  9. Go to the Secret Library (Golden Palace, Scorching Desert)
    1. MegaMud users note: If in a party you will need to break party and have each member run the Muddy Underwater passage from the Bountiful Oasis. Your party leader will otherwise dive into the pool, leaving your other party members behind, then end up sitting in the Muddy Passage where they will drown waiting for the party
  10. Type peruse blue book (abil 134(6) granted)
  11. Type peruse red book
    1. This action has a chance of failing as it is based on randomization roll check derived from your intellect attribute. If you see the text: "Despite countless minutes of painstaking translation, you find nothing that will help you in your quest. However, the book has many pages, and further study may yield something of benefit." - it has failed. Wait 10 seconds and try again.
    2. If you see the text beginning with: "After some time of fruitless translation, you suddenly come upon a short passage detailing a part of the history of the pharaoh:"it has succeeded (abil 134(7) granted)
  12. Go to seeress
    1. Ask seeress return (abil 134(8) granted)
  13. Go to withered old man (Storeroom, Small Pyramid)
    1. Ask withered old man ale
    2. The withered old man will take your dwarven ale (abil 134(9) granted)
  14. Go to the Black Pit (Red Iron Mine, Sandstone Quarry, Scorching Desert)
    1. Note: hideous abomination and spiny tentacle spawns in this room. Though killing these monsters are not actually necessary to this quest, you may have a very difficult time with the next step if you do not kill them.
  15. Type mine
    1. This action has a chance of failing as it is based on randomization roll check derived from your strength attribute.If you see the text:You toil at mining some ore, but are unsuccessful this time.- it has failed. Wait 10 seconds and try again.
    2. If you see the text:
      After some minutes of hard work hacking at the ore vein, you finally manage
      to extract a sizeable chunk of the red metal.it has succeeded. You will be given the item red iron ore. You may drop your pickaxe at this point.
    3. You may mine multiple red iron ore and give them to other players. No abils flags are set on the mine action
  16. Go to Master Smith Martok (Forge of Khazarad, Khazarad)
    1. Ask master smith martok red iron weapon
    2. Master Smith Martok will take your red iron ore and 10 platinum
    3. Master smith Martok will give you a red iron weapon based on your class (red iron axe, red iron hammer, or red iron dagger)
  17. Go to Tomb of the Pharaoh (Scorching Desert) (see maps on mudinfo/elsewhere or use MegaMud path)
    6/3/16 - from Syntax--
    1. In megamud, go into settings -> rooms -> Unhide "Great Pyramid, Stone Sphinx Level 1" from the goto lists (uncheck "hide in goto list")
    2. Goto "Great Pyramid, Stone Sphinx Level 1" (if you don't get to the sphinx within 5 minutes you'll fall down into the firepits and have to start over)
      NOTE: The timer starts as soon as you go "Up" into the great pyramid. You can reset the timer by going down and then back up again.
    3. As soon as you get to the sphinx, type "ask sphinx fire" and then go Up. The timer is killed once you get to the second level.
    4. Follow this map to do levels 2 through 5 (just do them by hand, it's easier.): http://www.mudinfo.net/maps/phantoms/ma ... yramid.htm
      NOTE: Regarding level 3 and the doors. If the map says a direction with nothing in parenthesis that means you can bash the door. If it says wait, just wait and the door will open (but only momentarily). When you get to the floating key kill it and grab the key.
    ----
    1. Kill Pharaoh Rahstep with your red iron weapon (abil 134(10) granted)
    2. Type go portal
    3. Kill the Dao Lord (abil 134(11) granted) (also requires the red-iron weapons)
  18. Go to Orfeo Talespinner (Misty Valley)
    1. Ask orfeo dao
You will be given the sunstone wristband and earn 1,000,000 experience

From MMB:
  1. Ask nekojin elder traders
  2. Kill some saracens for a head (ones in desert don't drop them, only ones in the saracen hideout) and go to the small pyramid
  3. Ask ser head
  4. Ask trader favor
  5. Ask meia box
  6. Ask trader return
  7. Ask seeress accept
  8. Go to the library in the golden palace, read blue book, peruse blue book, read red book, peruse red book.
  9. There's an intelligence/wisdom check on the red, so keep trying if you fail.
  10. Ask seeress return
  11. Ask withered old man ale (have some dwarven ale, bought in khazarad)
  12. Obtain some red iron weapons. Doesn't matter if you get them the usual way (buy pickaxe, go to mummified miner, examine miner, go to and kill the hideous abomination, mine ore, ask martok red iron weapon with about 20 plat on you) or get one from somebody else, or even just let others do the attacking just be in the room.
  13. Go through the pyramid. For the least amount of pain, ten spell before going into the first level so you don't have a timer. Map out a path through the second level, and do it by hand. RUN. Do not stop unless someone gets held by an undead priest. On the third level, just a use a map and go by hand. It's not hard really. On the fourth, let MegaDUM do it but fight on the way because if you go back you'll get dropped from the pyramid. If you have a problem with the fifth level, you must be Izak. In which case, please kill yourself immediately.
  14. Kill the pharoah. Rest, spell up, go portal, kill dao lord.
  15. Ask orfeo dao
You will get the Sunstone Wristband!

From MudVille:
  1. Go to the Nekojin Elder and greet him.
  2. Ask elder about problems, saracens, amulets, pyramids, and traders.
  3. Go to the Scorching Desert and kill Saracens until you get a Saracen head.
  4. Go to the Small Pyramid. Greet the sergeant, ask sergeant head to gain entrance to the trader.
  5. Greet the trader, and ask him about the seeress, then ask him favour. He will give you a box and tell you to go to Meia in Silvermere.
  6. Greet Meia and ask her box, and she will give you a token.
  7. Return to the trader at the Small Pyramid.
  8. Ask Trader return, and he will let you go visit the Seeress.
  9. Greet the Seeress, and ask seeress accept. She tells you about a library in the oasis and a book to look at.
  10. Go to the Shimmering Pool. From the pool, go to the library.
  11. To read the books, you need to type peruse book. Read the blue book, then the red one.
  12. Go back to the Seeress and ask Seeress return. She says to go find the withered old man,
  13. Greet the old man and ask withered dwarven ale. He drinks it and tells you some info, including the secret word Gazmuldduhaz.
  14. Go to the Sandstone Quarry and mine red iron ore. Bring the ore to Master Martok in Khazarad. Ask Master red iron ore and ask master weapon.
  15. Find the Sphinx and answer the riddles.
  16. Now go to the pharoah and kill him with the special weapon Master Martok has made for you.
  17. Go through the portal and kill the Dao Lord.
Collect 1,000,000 points for your hard work.

From MudCentral:
  1. Get a pickaxe, some dwarven ale, waterskins, at least 1250 gold, rope and grapple, someone that can take out traps.
  2. Go to the Nekojin Elder and greet him.
  3. Next, ask elder problems, ask elder saracens, ask elder amulets, ask elder pyramids, ask elder traders. To see what he says after you ask each thing, click here.
  4. Go to the Scorching Desert to the Saracen Hideout, and kill saracens until you get a saracen head.
  5. Now head on over to the Small Pyramid,to the Seargent. Greet him, ask seargent head, and he'll grant you entrance to the trader.
  6. Greet the trader, and ask trader seeress, then ask trader favour.. He gives you a box and tell you to go to Meia way back in Silvermere.
  7. Go to Meia, greet her and ask meia box, she gives you a token. It doesn't show in your inventory, but you have one. Now head back to the trader at the Small Pyramid.
  8. Ask trader return, and he lets you go visit the Seeress.
  9. Greet the Seeress, and ask seeress accept. She tells you about a library in the oasis and a book to look at.
  10. Go to the Shimmering Pool. From the pool, go to the library.
  11. To read the books, you need to type peruse book. Read the blue one first, peruse blue book. Then peruse red book.
  12. Go back to the Seeress and ask seeress return. She says to go find the withered old man, so go to him.
  13. Greet the old man and ask withered dwarven ale. He drinks it and tells you some info, including the secret word Gazmuldduhaz.
  14. Go to the Sandstone Quarry, kill the hideous abomination and mine ore. Bring the ore to Master Martok in Khazarad. Ask master red iron ore and ask master weapon, then he makes you a neato weapon.
  15. Find the Sphinx and answer the riddles (below, if you dare)
  16. Now go to the pharoah and kill him. You can't touch him unless you use the special weapon.
  17. Now go portal.
  18. Kill the Dao Lord.
  19. Return to Orpheo and ask him Dao Lord and get your reward - the sunstone wrist band.
Riddles

(don't read if you want to figure them out yourself)

These riddles are for the Sphinx.

Riddle #1 - Feed it and it will live. Give it water and it dies.

Answer - Fire

Riddle #2 - I daily view the world around. I never eat yet by my power produce what millions do devour.

Answer - sun

Riddle #3 - At night they come without being fetched. By day they are gone without being stolen.

Answer - stars

Riddle #4 - A father gave his only son half his pile of gold plus one. The wife took half the rest plus two. One gold was left for other use. How much did the father start with?

Answer - fourteen

Read This Too - For this riddle, you don't tell your answer to the Sphinx. You have yo moves through the rooms and go over the letters to spell it out. If you go over the same letter, or go into a room with the wrong letter, you fall.

Riddle #5 - The beginning of eternity, the end of time and space.
The beginning of every end and the end of every place.

Answer - time


splat
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:34 am

Re: Sunstone Wristband Quest

Post by splat » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Clarified directions:

1) Quest Requirements:
a. Required Items: pickaxe (Miner's Guild, Khazard), rope and grapple (General Store), waterskin(s) (General Store), dwarven ale (Frothing Mug Tavern, Khazarad)
b. Required Cash: 1250 Gold
2) Go to nekojin elder (Ornate Tent, Dusty Village, Scorching Desert)
a. ask elder traders (abil 134(1) granted)
3) Go to the Saracen Hideout (Scorching Desert)
a. Kill saracen raiders until one drops a saracen head (25% drop rate)
b. Pick up the saracen head
4) Go to guard sergeant (Small Pyramid Entrance, Scorching Desert)
a. ask guard sergeant head
b. The guard sergeant will take your saracen head (abil 134(2) granted)
5) Go to Master Trader Tolgard (Small Pyramid, Scorching Desert)
a. ask master trader tolgard favor
b. Master Trader Tolgard will give you item heavy box (250 Encumbrance)
6) Go to Meia (Curio Shop, Silvermere)
a. Ask meia box
b. Meia will take your heavy box (abil 134(3) granted)
c. Note: text says Meia gives you a "small ivory token" - this is not an actual inventory item you will receive
7) Go to Master Trader Tolgard
a. Ask master trader tolgard return (abil 134(4) granted)
8) Go to seeress (Small Pyramid, Scorching Desert)
a. Ask seeress accept (abil 134(5) granted)
9) Go to the Secret Library (Golden Palace, Scorching Desert)
a. MegaMud users note: If in a party you will need to break party and have each member run the Muddy Underwater passage from the Bountiful Oasis. Your party leader will otherwise dive into the pool, leaving your other party members behind, then end up sitting in the Muddy Passage where they will drown waiting for the party
10) Type peruse blue book (abil 134(6) granted)
11) Type peruse red book
a. This action has a chance of failing as it is based on randomization roll check derived from your intellect attribute. If you see the text: "Despite countless minutes of painstaking translation, you find nothing that
will help you in your quest. However, the book has many pages, and further
study may yield something of benefit." - it has failed. Wait 10 seconds and try again.
b. If you see the text beginning with:
"After some time of fruitless translation, you suddenly come upon a short
passage detailing a part of the history of the pharaoh:"it has succeeded (abil 134(7) granted)
12) Go to seeress
a. Ask seeress return (abil 134(8) granted)
13) Go to withered old man (Storeroom, Small Pyramid)
a. Ask withered old man ale
b. The withered old man will take your dwarven ale (abil 134(9) granted)
14) Go to the Black Pit (Red Iron Mine, Sandstone Quarry, Scorching Desert)
a. Note: hideous abomination and spiny tentacle spawns in this room. Though killing these monsters are not actually necessary to this quest, you may have a very difficult time with the next step if you do not kill them.
15) Type mine
a. This action has a chance of failing as it is based on randomization roll check derived from your strength attribute.If you see the text:You toil at mining some ore, but are unsuccessful this time.- it has failed. Wait 10 seconds and try again.
b. If you see the text:
After some minutes of hard work hacking at the ore vein, you finally manage
to extract a sizeable chunk of the red metal.it has succeeded. You will be given the item red iron ore. You may drop your pickaxe at this point.
c. You may mine multiple red iron ore and give them to other players. No abils flags are set on the mine action
16) Go to Master Smith Martok (Forge of Khazarad, Khazarad)
a. Ask master smith martok read iron weapon
b. Master Smith Martok will take your red iron ore and 10 platinum
c. Master smith Martok will give you a red iron weapon based on your class (red iron axe, red iron hammer, or red iron dagger)
17) Go to Tomb of the Pharaoh (Scorching Desert) (see maps on mudinfo/elsewhere or use MegaMud path)
a. Kill Pharaoh Rahstep with your red iron weapon (abil 134(10) granted)
b. Type go portal
c. Kill the Dao Lord (abil 134(11) granted)
18) Go to Orfeo Talespinner (Misty Valley)
a. Ask orfeo dao
You will be given the sunstone wristband and earn 1,000,000 experience
syntax wrote:From MMB:
  1. Ask nekojin elder traders
  2. Kill some saracens for a head (ones in desert don't drop them, only ones in the saracen hideout) and go to the small pyramid
  3. Ask ser head
  4. Ask trader favor
  5. Ask meia box
  6. Ask trader return
  7. Ask seeress accept
  8. Go to the library in the golden palace, read blue book, peruse blue book, read red book, peruse red book.
  9. There's an intelligence/wisdom check on the red, so keep trying if you fail.
  10. Ask seeress return
  11. Ask withered old man ale (have some dwarven ale, bought in khazarad)
  12. Obtain some red iron weapons. Doesn't matter if you get them the usual way (buy pickaxe, go to mummified miner, examine miner, go to and kill the hideous abomination, mine ore, ask martok red iron weapon with about 20 plat on you) or get one from somebody else, or even just let others do the attacking just be in the room.
  13. Go through the pyramid. For the least amount of pain, ten spell before going into the first level so you don't have a timer. Map out a path through the second level, and do it by hand. RUN. Do not stop unless someone gets held by an undead priest. On the third level, just a use a map and go by hand. It's not hard really. On the fourth, let MegaDUM do it but fight on the way because if you go back you'll get dropped from the pyramid. If you have a problem with the fifth level, you must be Izak. In which case, please kill yourself immediately.
  14. Kill the pharoah. Rest, spell up, go portal, kill dao lord.
  15. Ask orfeo dao
You will get the Sunstone Wristband!

From MudVille:
  1. Go to the Nekojin Elder and greet him.
  2. Ask elder about problems, saracens, amulets, pyramids, and traders.
  3. Go to the Scorching Desert and kill Saracens until you get a Saracen head.
  4. Go to the Small Pyramid. Greet the sergeant, ask sergeant head to gain entrance to the trader.
  5. Greet the trader, and ask him about the seeress, then ask him favour. He will give you a box and tell you to go to Meia in Silvermere.
  6. Greet Meia and ask her box, and she will give you a token.
  7. Return to the trader at the Small Pyramid.
  8. Ask Trader return, and he will let you go visit the Seeress.
  9. Greet the Seeress, and ask seeress accept. She tells you about a library in the oasis and a book to look at.
  10. Go to the Shimmering Pool. From the pool, go to the library.
  11. To read the books, you need to type peruse book. Read the blue book, then the red one.
  12. Go back to the Seeress and ask Seeress return. She says to go find the withered old man,
  13. Greet the old man and ask withered dwarven ale. He drinks it and tells you some info, including the secret word Gazmuldduhaz.
  14. Go to the Sandstone Quarry and mine red iron ore. Bring the ore to Master Martok in Khazarad. Ask Master red iron ore and ask master weapon.
  15. Find the Sphinx and answer the riddles.
  16. Now go to the pharoah and kill him with the special weapon Master Martok has made for you.
  17. Go through the portal and kill the Dao Lord.
Collect 1,000,000 points for your hard work.

From MudCentral:
  1. Get a pickaxe, some dwarven ale, waterskins, at least 1250 gold, rope and grapple, someone that can take out traps.
  2. Go to the Nekojin Elder and greet him.
  3. Next, ask elder problems, ask elder saracens, ask elder amulets, ask elder pyramids, ask elder traders. To see what he says after you ask each thing, click here.
  4. Go to the Scorching Desert to the Saracen Hideout, and kill saracens until you get a saracen head.
  5. Now head on over to the Small Pyramid,to the Seargent. Greet him, ask seargent head, and he'll grant you entrance to the trader.
  6. Greet the trader, and ask trader seeress, then ask trader favour.. He gives you a box and tell you to go to Meia way back in Silvermere.
  7. Go to Meia, greet her and ask meia box, she gives you a token. It doesn't show in your inventory, but you have one. Now head back to the trader at the Small Pyramid.
  8. Ask trader return, and he lets you go visit the Seeress.
  9. Greet the Seeress, and ask seeress accept. She tells you about a library in the oasis and a book to look at.
  10. Go to the Shimmering Pool. From the pool, go to the library.
  11. To read the books, you need to type peruse book. Read the blue one first, peruse blue book. Then peruse red book.
  12. Go back to the Seeress and ask seeress return. She says to go find the withered old man, so go to him.
  13. Greet the old man and ask withered dwarven ale. He drinks it and tells you some info, including the secret word Gazmuldduhaz.
  14. Go to the Sandstone Quarry, kill the hideous abomination and mine ore. Bring the ore to Master Martok in Khazarad. Ask master red iron ore and ask master weapon, then he makes you a neato weapon.
  15. Find the Sphinx and answer the riddles (below, if you dare)
  16. Now go to the pharoah and kill him. You can't touch him unless you use the special weapon.
  17. Now go portal.
  18. Kill the Dao Lord.
  19. Return to Orpheo and ask him Dao Lord and get your reward - the sunstone wrist band.
Riddles

(don't read if you want to figure them out yourself)

These riddles are for the Sphinx.

Riddle #1 - Feed it and it will live. Give it water and it dies.

Answer - Fire

Riddle #2 - I daily view the world around. I never eat yet by my power produce what millions do devour.

Answer - sun

Riddle #3 - At night they come without being fetched. By day they are gone without being stolen.

Answer - stars

Riddle #4 - A father gave his only son half his pile of gold plus one. The wife took half the rest plus two. One gold was left for other use. How much did the father start with?

Answer - fourteen

Read This Too - For this riddle, you don't tell your answer to the Sphinx. You have yo moves through the rooms and go over the letters to spell it out. If you go over the same letter, or go into a room with the wrong letter, you fall.

Riddle #5 - The beginning of eternity, the end of time and space.
The beginning of every end and the end of every place.

Answer - time


User avatar
syntax
Site Admin
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 am

Re: Sunstone Wristband Quest

Post by syntax » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:31 am

updated, thanks


MerL
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Sunstone Wristband Quest

Post by MerL » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:09 am

could we mention that you need the red iron weapons for dao lord too. thank you


User avatar
syntax
Site Admin
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 am

Re: Sunstone Wristband Quest

Post by syntax » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:17 am

MerL wrote:could we mention that you need the red iron weapons for dao lord too. thank you
done


Dertyce
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:28 am

Re: Sunstone Wristband Quest

Post by Dertyce » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:33 am

Do spellcasters actually have to be attacking the Dao Lord with the red iron weapons? Will holding the red iron weapons while attacking with a spell trigger the quest flag?


User avatar
MiOw
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Sunstone Wristband Quest

Post by MiOw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Dertyce wrote:Do spellcasters actually have to be attacking the Dao Lord with the red iron weapons? Will holding the red iron weapons while attacking with a spell trigger the quest flag?
Being in the room when the Dao is killed is all that is needed to receive the flag.


ClassicMUD... lightly seasoned with no dupes!
www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2357
Post Reply