How this community has changed from the days of ForumsHQ.com...

Discussion, bugs, suggestions, ideas, etc for mudinfo.net
Exodus

Re: How this community has changed from the days of ForumsHQ.com...

Post by Exodus »

Your site isn't even running HTTPS. At least Facebook has HTTPS.

Joker

Post by Joker »

Yes, and Facebook also has advertisements, and privacy invasion codes which don't exist here.

Exodus

Post by Exodus »

Please take this down. I click on a thread link and it brings me here time and time again. Then I can't get to the thread I was linked because this overrides the HTTP request and redirects me. I'm logged in! Stop showing me this!

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

It should have only redirected you here once per session, and only when going to the root of the site or root of a section. I'll remove it though.

abyssyml

Post by abyssyml »

Syntax, long time no talk!!!

ForumsHQ was the place to be when it came to MUD. I am glad to know you are still on the path of keeping things alive. I remember testing NMR for you on several occasions and enjoying it. Hell I can still remember how to do all the editing needed, and I 100% know I can probably still setup a BBS with a few clicks of the mouse. What's crazy is if I go through all the cd's I have here I bet I can get find a cd that has almost every file possible for MBBS/WG including different games. Anywho, just spouting off stuff now. Later

Buriedinfrost

Post by Buriedinfrost »

It doesn't help that the Facebook group is ran by an absolutely toxic and incompetent individual. She cannot handle criticism, and uses a heavy hand to handle any issues that pop up. This is what happens when someone is so insecure they lack the basic ability to deal with even the most rudimentary of conflict without a ban or deletion of the post.

Bans and deleted posts do not erase your ineptitude or cover it up.

People deserve the truth, and covering it up under the thin and newly popular veil of "protecting feelings" is just plain bullshit. It isn't a personal attack to notify people when someone is cheating. It isn't a personal attack to call out someone's incompetence. A personal attack would be someone insulting things OUTSIDE of the context of the game. For some reason, I assumed that since the majority of us were raised in the era before all of this SJW bullshit, that skins would be a bit thicker... and people could separate the two.

Apparently, I was wrong. It's some of you who have raised these little "snowflakes" to be who they are. I forget that, sometimes.

Storm

Post by Storm »

Buriedinfrost wrote:It doesn't help that the Facebook group is ran by an absolutely toxic and incompetent individual. She cannot handle criticism, and uses a heavy hand to handle any issues that pop up. This is what happens when someone is so insecure they lack the basic ability to deal with even the most rudimentary of conflict without a ban or deletion of the post.

People deserve the truth, and covering it up under the thin and newly popular veil of "protecting feelings" is just plain bullshit. It isn't a personal attack to notify people when someone is cheating. It isn't a personal attack to call out someone's incompetence. A personal attack would be someone insulting things OUTSIDE of the context of the game. For some reason, I assumed that since the majority of us were raised in the era before all of this SJW bullshit, that skins would be a bit thicker... and people could separate the two.

Apparently, I was wrong. It's some of you who have raised these little "snowflakes" to be who they are. I forget that, sometimes.

Because it's all bullshit. The only person who was cheating was the person who abused help and generocity of the sysop. Yet nobody has blamed them or called them out. the help that was given for someoen to finish 4th quest cloak was abused as they sat in halls all night with a temporary buff till I was not around knowing they had planned on engaging in PVP (mutual). that person has been deleted off my board. Secondly it's not cheating with everyone has benefited from my help. (not my own self). They all knew how I run my board as a interactive helpful sysop. Matter of fact I had helped the offending party as well on a couple of things INCLUDING being able to complete ARD exp quest. the reason these people got butthurt and started all this drama was because another board member killed a few of thier guys and robbed thier ganghouse after being repeatedly killed himself by them and gear taken. I had no connections with any of this.

If you don't play on my board (which many still do), please don't join in on a false witch hunt. And BTW taking money for early lvl exp and NON lim items is my decision, doesn't make me a cheater either. EVERYONE had the same opportunity. But since I've been stabbed in the back from my helpfulness I have learned to trust nobody.

Running a BBS is my hobby has been for quite some time, I can run however I want. And I have loyal players who know the truth and know the kind of sysop I am. So just leave me alone. Find someone else to bully... I've had enough of it. People don't need to know shit, because people who come play on my board already know I will help in whatever way possible (fairly) to help someone, that's just who I am. I've done trivia and given away prizes.... Is that also cheating? give it a damn break.

virucizer

Post by virucizer »

I totally agree, calling out cheating is not a personal attack. And even if it was, who gives a shit.. There are some fragile little bitches on that FB group for sure.

Storm, why would anyone blame a player for accepting unfair help from the sysop? Seriously if you are editing characters in NMR for $, handing out god spells, using NMR to make ANY player file updates whatsoever, or using OP powers for anything other than BBS maintenance, it is cheating. If you still don't see that, then you, personally, are a fucking moron.

People absolutely do need to know what kind of garbage goes on, so they properly know to avoid your BBS. Only a fool would knowingly play on your board now that this information is out, but some might have otherwise logged on and wasted some time before they found out for themselves and quit.
Storm wrote:
Buriedinfrost wrote:It doesn't help that the Facebook group is ran by an absolutely toxic and incompetent individual. She cannot handle criticism, and uses a heavy hand to handle any issues that pop up. This is what happens when someone is so insecure they lack the basic ability to deal with even the most rudimentary of conflict without a ban or deletion of the post.

Because it's all bullshit. The only person who was cheating was the person who abused help and generocity of the sysop. Yet nobody has blamed them or called them out. the help that was given for someoen to finish 4th quest cloak was abused as they sat in halls all night with a temporary buff till I was not around knowing they had planned on engaging in PVP (mutual). that person has been deleted off my board. Secondly it's not cheating with everyone has benefited from my help. (not my own self). They all knew how I run my board as a interactive helpful sysop. Matter of fact I had helped the offending party as well on a couple of things INCLUDING being able to complete ARD exp quest. the reason these people got butthurt and started all this drama was because another board member killed a few of thier guys and robbed thier ganghouse after being repeatedly killed himself by them and gear taken. I had no connections with any of this.

If you don't play on my board (which many still do), please don't join in on a false witch hunt. And BTW taking money for early lvl exp and NON lim items is my decision, doesn't make me a cheater either. EVERYONE had the same opportunity. But since I've been stabbed in the back from my helpfulness I have learned to trust nobody.

Running a BBS is my hobby has been for quite some time, I can run however I want. And I have loyal players who know the truth and know the kind of sysop I am. So just leave me alone. Find someone else to bully... I've had enough of it. People don't need to know shit, because people who come play on my board already know I will help in whatever way possible (fairly) to help someone, that's just who I am. I've done trivia and given away prizes.... Is that also cheating? give it a damn break.

Storm

Post by Storm »

[quote="virucizer"]I totally agree, calling out cheating is not a personal attack. And even if it was, who gives a shit.. There are some fragile little bitches on that FB group for sure.

Storm, why would anyone blame a player for accepting unfair help from the sysop? Seriously if you are editing characters in NMR for $, handing out god spells, using NMR to make ANY player file updates whatsoever, or using OP powers for anything other than BBS maintenance, it is cheating. If you still don't see that, then you, personally, are a fucking moron.

People absolutely do need to know what kind of garbage goes on, so they properly know to avoid your BBS. Only a fool would knowingly play on your board now that this information is out, but some might have otherwise logged on and wasted some time before they found out for themselves and quit.

I didn't hand out "godspells" I was helping this person finish thier cloak quest as everyone else pretty much had finish the quest and nobody wanted to help. They knew I didn't want them using it for pvp or anything of the sorts, so they broke their promise. Everyone knows how I run my board who plays on my board. I'm not hiding anything. And nobody has just quit because I offer them help. They can choose to have help or not and that is that. I have nothing to hide.

virucizer

Post by virucizer »

Uh so you claim you didn't hand out god spells and then later IN THE SAME SENTENCE, you go on to admit handing out god spells. wtf how dumb are you?

Well good if you have nothing to hide then there is no real point in crying when people point out the bullshit, is there?